Sunday, June 29, 2008

New Online Store for TK Dog Toys

Pet product supplier TK Dog Toys announces the grand opening of www.TKDogToys.com, their online web superstore.

Seabrook, TX (PRWEB) June 29, 2008 -- TK Dog Toys has opened their new online shopping site, http://www.tkdogtoys.com/, providing quality dog products for discerning pet owners.

"I've got golden retrievers and I've always had dogs in the past, so I thought the business would be something I could really get into," says Ken Hogrefe, a sailing instructor who started TK Dog Toys as his second business. "I found a wholesaler in Texas that I could drop in on to look at the products, and I was able to interview the people selling them. I hand-selected the items, looking through their product line and talking to the people I'd be dealing with directly."

The site is fairly new, but Ken adds to the product catalogue regularly. "I just put on some neat stuffing-less dog toys, which are good because most dogs have a tendency to pull the stuffing out," he says. "That's what they're after, so these are made stuffing-less, and there are about six different types -- skunks, raccoons, and the like. I like happy dogs, but more than that, I like healthy dogs; a friend of mine has a miniature dachshund, and he just spent $2000 because the dog ate so much stuffing and needed medical care. I'd like to avoid that with my toys."

Ken has also opened a blog at http://www.houndscorner.com/, where he hopes to share his love of dogs with other pet enthusiasts and foster awareness in the dog-owning community. "I want to keep people aware of dog organizations and their activities, as well as giving hints on training, grooming, and care," he explains. "We're active in the Golden Beginnings program, which fosters out abandoned golden retriever dogs. I help them and other organizations to place dogs, and my wife is also very active in the program. We're hoping the blog will be a tool to help them and organizations like them."

He jokes about his own experiences with Golden Beginnings, saying, "We started volunteering to be foster parents for dogs before they were placed, but we failed because we wanted to adopt all of them. It's too hard to let them go, so we adopted our first and became active in the program instead." Ken likewise intends to donate $1 from every sale to a dog shelter, in order to give back to the community.

Ken encourages shoppers to visit his new store at http://www.tkdogtoys.com/, and hopes customers will join in the conversation at http://www.houndscorner.com/ and share in his love of dogs.

Source: PRWeb

No comments: